These truffle-like almond joy bars may look, smell, and even taste delicious, but don’t go sinking your teeth in just yet! Instead, treat your skin to dessert.
Your shower will feel indulgent, and you’ll emerge with silky smooth skin that smells like your favorite candy bar (don’t worry, it’s subtle). Bonus: the cocoa powder in these sugar scrub cubes is high in antioxidants, which can help flush out toxins and repair cell damage.
- 1 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds (it should be melty and pourable but not hot).
- Mix together all ingredients with a fork. It should be about the consistency of wet cement and hold together when stirred (rather than being sandy and crumbling).
- Spoon the mixture into a silicone ice tray (non-silicone will work, but will be tougher to work with).
- Freeze for at least an hour. This will help the sugar scrub cubes harden quickly and make them easy to remove.
- Remove the sugar scrub cubes and store in a cool location until ready to use. I keep mine in a jar in my shower because SF is still pretty chilly, but if you live somewhere toasty you may want to keep them in the fridge or freezer to keep them from melting.