One of my best friends is getting married in a month (keep your eye out for some wedding DIYs!) and I’m excited to be her maid of honor. This weekend, I flew out to NYC to throw her a bachelorette party.
It was super hard to find decorations that weren’t completely cheesy and/or crude, so I decided to make my own. I’d seen confetti-filled balloons on Pinterest and knew they’d be perfect with the addition of some mini alcohol bottles.
These turned out great: one part alcohol, two parts glitter. Cute and functional!
Bachelorette Party Balloons:
- Pump up each balloon (don’t tie) and let the air out. This will stretch the balloons so that it’s easier to fit things in them. Don’t skip this step!
- Cut the top 1/4 off of the water bottle and remove the lid.
- Secure the end of the balloon around the lip of the bottle top.
- Pour confetti into the balloon, using the bottle top as a funnel.
- Detach the balloon from the bottle top.
- Stretch the end of the balloon and insert a mini alcohol bottle.
- Inflate the balloon. I found it was easiest to blow it up a bit manually first to get the bottle out of the way and then transition to the pump.
- Tie the balloon and get ready to party!
Note: It’s way more fun to pop these and let confetti fly everywhere, but if you don’t want to find confetti in your shoes for the next year, you may want to remove the alcohol by pinching and snipping the end and letting the balloon deflate slowly.
PS: Any other ideas for (mostly) classy bachelorette party decor? Share them in the comments section below!