It’s really satisfying to make something you can use every day. This super easy DIY body wash is made with just two ingredients, looks like Swiss meringue, and smells like heaven.
And it makes your skin feel like silk. And it doubles as a moisturizing hand wash (great for post-dish washing). And it triples as a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner for dry ends. Yeah, it’s pretty magical. Ingredients:
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c Dr Bronner’s sweet almond soap
- Heat coconut oil in the microwave in 10-second intervals until soft but solid, about 10-30 seconds depending on how cold the coconut oil was. Note: if you live somewhere very warm, the coconut oil may already be soft and will not need any heating. If you overheat the coconut oil and it turns to liquid, just freeze it for a few minutes (about 10) until it solidifies a bit.
- Combine ingredients in a stand mixer (or a large bowl) and mix on a high speed with the whisk attachment (or electric beater) until it reaches a mousse-like consistency and forms soft peaks.
- Transfer to a jar or tupperware container.
- Warn your boyfriend that it’s not edible (mine tried to lick the bowl!)
My bathroom is quickly becoming filled with DIY scrubs and masks and things, and I’m loving each and every one of them. I hope you are too!