This DIY bow jewelry is so simple, it’s a bit of a stretch to even call it a DIY. But sometimes I’m too busy for a full day of crafting, or I’m cozily cuddled up with a hot cup of eggnog and don’t want to leave the couch, and a 10-second project is just perfect.
Simple things are often the best things anyway, don’t you think?
DIY Bow Rings
- Ring blanks
- Mini gift bows
- Hot glue or craft glue (if your gift bows don’t have a sticky backing)
- If using a sticky gift bow, peel away the backing and press directly onto the ring blank to attach. If using a non-sticky gift bow, add a daub of hot glue or craft glue to the top of the ring blank and press the gift bow on top, pressing gently for a few seconds to secure the bow on the ring.
- That’s it! I told you it was a 10-second project!
DIY Bow Bobbi Pins
- Bobbi pins
- Mini gift bows
- Optional: hot glue or craft glue*
- For a single bow bobbi pin (pictured below): Hold a mini gift bow upside down between your thumb and your pointer finger. Insert the flat side of the bobbi pin through the two center loops that are across from each other in the bottom of the bow. Voila, you’re done already!
- For a triple bow bobbi pin (pictured above): Complete Step 1, then repeat the bobbi pin-inserting process to attach the other two bows.
* I purposefully made the bows removable, since I only plan on wearing them once or twice and would like to repurpose them when I’m done, but if you’d like them to be sturdier and more permanent, you can add a few small daubs of hot glue or craft glue on the top portion of the bobbi pin (the area that will be covered by the bow/s) just before you start Step 1 above.
This DIY bow jewelry would be adorable on a little girl (and it’s easy enough to make with your 5-year-old), but it can also go grown-up if you pair it with a not-so-girly holiday outfit.