For week two of Washi Wednesdays, I was excited to combine two crafting favorites: chalkboard paint and washi tape!
This chalkboard washi tape is a great way to add a personal note to a teacher’s gift, mark wine glasses at your next fabulous fête, or leave an erasable note on the fridge.
- Attach a strip of artist tape to a sheet of wax paper.
- Paint the tape with a layer of chalkboard or blackboard paint. Don’t worry about staying in the lines—it’s totally fine if you get paint on the non-taped part of the wax paper.
- Wait for paint to dry (about 10 minutes), then add a second layer of paint.
- Wait for second layer of paint to dry, then trim the edges of the wax paper to match the length and width of the tape.
- Prime your the chalkboard surface by rubbing a piece of chalk along the surface and wiping it with your hand or a towel.
- To use your chalkboard washi tape, just rip of a piece and peel away the wax paper backing. You can write an erasable message on your chalkboard washi tape with a piece of chalk, a chalk pencil, or a chalk pen, or write a permanent message with a paint pen.
Check out last week’s Washi Wednesday this month to learn how to make festive fringe washi tape and come back each Wednesday to build your DIY washi tape collection!