I have a serious crush on Sugarfina. Their gourmet candy is as delicious as it is pretty (which is saying a lot, since it can pretty much pass as jewels), and it can make even the simplest of DIYs look special. My other big crush? You. That’s why I’m giving away a Sugarfina gift set to a lucky winner! What do you say – will you be my Valentine? (Click through and scroll to the bottom of the post to enter)
I won’t blame you if you just want to eat the candy as soon as it arrives. That’s probably what normal people do when presented with tasty treats. But if you’re like me, and feel like they’re just too beautiful to eat (yet), they also happen to make some pretty sweet DIY cocktail stirrers that are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
DIY Cocktail Stirrers
- Gummy candy (I used Sugarfina Sugar Lips, Love Parfait, and Hearts Afire)
- Wooden skewers
- Paper straws
- Sharp scissors (optional)
- Insert the pointy end of the wooden skewer into the bottom of the gummy candy until the candy is secured, but making sure the skewer does not come out the top.
- Optional: Shorten the skewer to fit in desired glasses by snipping a bit off the bottom with sharp scissors (I cut off ~1″)
- Place skewers inside paper straws
- If you shortened the skewer (step 2), snip excess off of the bottom of the paper straws so the length matches up. Err on the side of the paper straw being a bit longer than the skewer to prevent the wood from poking up between the paper straw and the gummy candy,
- Admire, stir, and nibble!
a Rafflecopter giveaway