Take your DIY washi tape to the next level with customized printed designs!
Use your name, logo, or photo to add a personal touch to packages or business cards, choose a picture or pattern you love (like peonies or macarons!) for some extra special craft supplies, or make a one-of-a-kind gift for a crafty friend.
- Double-sided tape*
- Packing tape
- Scissors or rotary cutter
* Like I mentioned in my DIY Fringe Washi Tape post, I used mounting tape,which says it’s permanent but actually peeled off everything I stuck it to very easily without leaving any residue. You could also use standard scotch double-sided tape for a thinner version, if you don’t mind that it’s not removable.
- Create a pattern you like using Photoshop, or download my template above. If using Photoshop, create a 11″x8.5″ file and draw or paste in your images in rows, making sure the height of each row matches the width of your double-sided tape.
- Print your images.
- Carefully place a strip of packing tape over each row of images and press to evenly secure the tape.
- Turn the paper over so the side with the packing tape-covered images are facing down. Place a strip of double-sided tape directly over each row of images and press to secure the tape.
- Use scissors or rotary cutter to trim the edges of the paper and packing tape so it matches the length and width of the double-sided tape.
- Voila! Custom printed washi tape!
For more DIY washi tape, check out my DIY Chalkboard Washi Tape and DIY Fringe Washi Tape posts!